- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 white onion - finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of shrimp - cooked, peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- ½ avocado - peeled and cut into cubes to garnish
- ¼ cup of shrimp tails to garnish
- 1Heat butter in a saucepan. Add onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until onion is transparent. Add flour and cook for three minutes, stirring continuously. Pour broth, making sure no lumps are formed.
- 2Blend the avocados and add to soup. Add chopped shrimp and simmer for 15 minutes; add heavy cream, salt and pepper; serve hot or cold.
- 3Garnish with avocado chopped in cubes and shrimp tails.
- Level of Difficulty: Low
- Preparation Time: 25 min.
- Servings: 6.